Skip to main content

The Life Of The Runt

Nearly a year ago, I made the decision to become a pet mom. After consideration, I decided I wanted
a Pitbull puppy. I talked to so many people and asked a lot of questions. I decided this was going to
be something special to me.


As I walked in they was bringing all the puppies out. There was so many I thought it was going to be
a tough decision. The smallest but cutest one came running to me and would not leave my side. I just
knew from there, she was the one I wanted. I was ready to take her and show her where her new
home would be. The runt of the litter stole my heart.  


I purchased her from someone who assured me she was 100% full bread. Trixie, would be her name.
She was a very small puppy full of life. After a short time of having her, the medical problems began.
She became very sick. I took her to the vet only to find out, she was not full bread and sick. I found
out that Trixie is indeed a mix breed of, Pitbull, Boxer, and Lab. Trixies veterinarian also informed me
she would need more medical needs than normal.


Do to her being the runt of the litter, the extra attention and medical cost would be great. The first
several months of Trixies life were emotional, do to her medical needs. I was constantly making calls
to the emergency vet and it always led to trips there. During this time we bonded greatly. Though
she’s not what I expected she has become my best friend.

All in all, choosing the runt of the litter changed not only my life but hers for the better. Trixie is now
nearly a year old, she is happy, healthy, and a very intelligent dog. I couldn’t imagine my life without
her. Giving the opportunity I would choose the runt of the litter again.

Comments

  1. I think its great how your dog became your bestfriend

    ReplyDelete
  2. i liked the story because i like dogs um i think it sucks though how they told you she was a full pitbull and she was not

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel this. My mom got a dog that had messed up knees and they didnt tell us when we got her and shes needed medical attention a few times

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment